I signed Lyla up for (so far) 2 different swimming lessons. The first one was a private lesson where my neighbor had hired a lady to come teach at her house. It was at the beginning of June. You had to have a minimum of 6 kids and there were 6 lessons that were 10 minutes each. The very first day Lyla was the only child that didn't cry. The class consisted of a 5 year old, a 4 year old a 3 year old and 3 kids that are 2 years old.
I also signed her up for a parent/tot swim class at the local high school. She goes every Saturday with Rob. I don't think she gets as much out of that class as she did the private lessons, but she's definitely made progress. She can blow bubbles, float, monkey crawl, climb out of the pool on her own, she'll jump in by herself and she can kick around the pool. She hasn't figured out how to use her arms yet. It'll happen. Every night when Rob gets home from work he takes her swimming. Its fun to watch those 2 BFF's. Since Lauren is 6 months now and can finally have sunscreen, we've taken her in the pool as well. She LOVES it. When she's happy she growls like a bear. The whole time she's in the pool, she's growling.
Jumping in to Dad
Self portrait of Lauren and I
Dad and his girls!
0 comments:
Post a Comment