CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our last minute trip to Utah...

We got a phone call the Friday before Thanksgiving that Izabella's great grandmother had passed away.  She was 98.  She was an amazing person.  She always treated me like one of her grandchildren even though I never married Izzy's dad.  We loved her very much!  So, because of that, we decided at the last minute to drive up to Utah for Thanksgiving.  We left on Wednesday and got to Becky's home early Thursday morning.  We are so thankful to her and her family for agreeing to take us in at the last minute!

Hanging with Grandpa Cannon!



I love to take pictures of Lyndsey and Rowan.  They are almost 3 months apart.  




Britt, me and Liz.  I wish we would've got Nicky Poo in the pic with us :)

We also celebrated Lauren and Liz's birthday on Thanksgiving!




Lyla with Nicky Poo's girlfriend, Jami

Rob spent part of Thanksgiving day with his family.  I stayed at my parents with the older girls and he took the baby.  He had to take Izzy up to her grandparents too, so I was hoping the baby would sleep in the car.  She just fell asleep and Izzy woke her.  Rob took her over to his parents and visited with his sisters who were in town.  
This is Natalie with her new baby Brooklyn.

Izabella stayed with her Grandparents the whole time we were in Utah.
On Friday, we spent the afternoon with Rob's sisters and parents.

Don't worry that all 3 of the little girls puked at Becky's house. 
Lyndsey did the first night and Lyla and Lauren the second night.
Lauren made the biggest mess.  Thankfully, Rob had it cleaned up before I got up. 

On Saturday, Lyla and Lauren went to lunch with my parents.  Lyndsey stayed at Becky's because she was napping.  Then Rob took Lyla and Lauren to see Frozen.  I stayed with the baby and got some things done to get ready to head home.  

I went to church with my mom on Sunday.  Then we had dinner with my parents.  The viewing was in the evening.  We all went and met my parents and my Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Keith there.  Fun Fact: My Aunt Sherrie and Izzy's Great-Aunt Marianne were friends in high school and for many years after they both married.  They would vacation together too.  It was a nice viewing.  I was glad to see Izzy.

I wasn't feeling great Monday morning. I was planning to go to the funeral and take Izzy home from there so that we could head back to Arizona, but it ended up that we just picked her up after they were done at the graveyard.  It was a lot later than we wanted to leave, but you gotta do what you gotta do!
Glad to be home though! And I didn't even puke!


0 comments: