Lyndsey's arrival happened a LOT later than I wanted it to. She was born on June 6th. I was sure that she'd be here on May 29th or 30th. When I have a baby, I will go into labor once my membranes are stripped. My Dr won't strip them until 38 weeks. I had been so tired since we got home from Utah in April that I hadn't worked out so I wasn't dilated like I usually am. When she stripped my membranes on May 29th, it didn't do anything. I did everything to try to put myself into labor. I got a massage, I rubbed all the pressure points a TON of times, I bought a breast pump, I worked out and Mickayla and I walked a 5K almost every night for 3 weeks. No labor for me. I went back on June 5th and was finally dilated 2cm, so she stripped me as much as she could. Thankfully, it worked.
That night Kayla and I still went walking around 9pm. I was having contractions and kept trying to move them along but it wasn't until I went to bed around 12:30am and woke up an hour later that they really started to move along. I told Rob about 3:30am that he better pray about getting up, so he got up and got ready and we left for the hospital about 4am. Izzy was going to do baptisms for the dead at 4:30am. I was really glad I asked the YW president to pick her up on her way to the church. Kayla stayed home with Lyla and Lauren.
We got to the hospital about 5 minutes later. This was the first labor since Izabella was born that I was able to walk in and get to labor and delivery without having to keep my eyes closed and be able to talk because the pain was so intense. It was a new experience. I filled out some paperwork and got put in the room. Rob was worried the whole time that we'd have the baby at home or in the car, which is why I made sure we left in plenty of time. I got changed and the nurse checked how dilated I was. I think she said I was 6cm. She said that she wouldn't call my Dr until I was 8cm. So I walked around the room, and sat on the birthing ball while the nurse put the I.V. needle in my hand just in case I needed it. We finished up the paperwork and right after she left at 5:10am I told Rob that he better call her back in to check me again. I got back in the bed and I was 8cm. Thankfully, my Dr lives in my neighborhood so she arrived about 5:30am. By then I was dying. Rob probably didn't have any feeling left in his hand, so I held on to the bed. When the Dr was ready for me to push she wanted me to hold my own legs. That was the first time they have asked me to do that. I declined, so Rob and the nurse held on and I got her out in 2 pushes. It was 5:38am when she was born.
| Lyndsey Jan Sollis 6lbs 5oz 19 inches long |
| Disregard Rob's eyes, it was too early to get a good shot |
| First feeding |
0 comments:
Post a Comment