Since Lyla was born, she's had a raspy voice. I never gave it a second thought until she went in for her 18 month checkup and the doctor asked if she always talked like that. I told him that she did and he suggested maybe having an ENT look at her. I thought it was a dumb idea, but when I went to a different doctor and he said the same thing I gave it a second thought. It took 6 months for me to think about it, but when Rob decided he was going to quit his job and we had reached our insurance deductible I decided it was time to have her checked. The Doc suggested doing a procedure where they look at her vocal chords to make sure she didn't have any abnormalities, but it was considered surgery on someone so young. So on August 29th, we took her to the hospital for the procedure. She does have nodules on her vocal chords but if they are removed, it'll cause scar tissue and make it worse. He suggested taking her to a vocal therapist to see if she needs help with how she talks, but I'm too lazy and I think her voice is cute. Now, Lyndsey has the same raspy voice.
 |
| Waiting to go back with the caterpillar my friend Erin gave her. |
 |
| All ready! |
 |
| So cute! She's pretending to sleep with Lyndsey. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment