This year we set up two Christmas trees. We haven't done that since our first Christmas together in 2007. All of the other years I've either been pregnant or just had a baby and was too lazy to worry about two trees. We put our nice tree in the front room (with the gate around it) and my old tree (from before I met Rob) up in the family room and let the girls decorate and redecorate it. I put all the presents from family in the front room under the tree and Santa put his presents under the girls tree!
Christmas morning, we all went downstairs and Lauren didn't even pay attention to the tree in the family room, she ran right into the front room. Lyla immediately saw that Santa had brought her and Lauren princess bikes (I wish that I would've taken a picture of them)! She was so excited and Lauren was too, once she came back. It took Lyla a little bit, but she figured out how to pedal and for weeks she rode around in the kitchen. Then she decided to ride out in the backyard and we made her keep the bike outside after that. Lauren still hasn't figured it out, but she got her bike put outside too.
 |
| A puzzle. Izzy and I love to do puzzles, but the little girls just destroy them. |
 |
| A princess helmet |
 |
| Mmmm Paper! |
 |
| She looks so thrilled.... |
 |
| A princess castle like their friend Addison's |
 |
| Lyndsey just wanted to eat the paper! |
 |
| Rob and Lauren's favorite candy |
After they opened all the Santa presents, we took a break. Rob had made his mom's sausage casserole for breakfast. We got that cooking and let the girls play. After Lyndsey and Lauren woke up from their naps, we had round 2 with the family gifts.
 |
My parents sent Lyla and Lauren each a desk. Lyla got a princess desk, Lauren got a Dora desk. Lyla is opening her bug light from Lauren. |
 |
| Lyndsey is so cute! |
 |
| The Dora desk! |
 |
| Izzy took responsibility to pass everything out. |
Rob says that I spoil the girls. It's probably true.
1 comments:
Looks like s successful Christmas!
Post a Comment