CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 28, 2013

Lyla and Lauren's bedroom makeover

Our house has 5 bedrooms.  When we were looking for homes that was what we wanted.  We weren't planning on a Lyndsey joining our family.  We had given Izzy her own room, Lyla and Lauren shared, Rob and I had a room, then we had a guest room and a man cave/office.  Lauren is not the greatest sleeper, so we kept her in the room that she was supposed to share with Lyla and Lyla just kept getting moved around.  I think that her bed has lived in probably every room in this house.  But, Lyla really just sleeps with Rob and I.  Lyndsey slept in our room too, but in the pack and play.  She needed to be in the crib and Lauren needed to be in Lyla's toddler bed.  

At some point after Mickayla left in November, we rearranged our house and moved Rob's man cave to the front room and his office stuff into the guest room.  Now Lyla and Lauren could have their own room and Lyndsey could have a room as well.  

That's the short version of events...

Since probably January I have been trying to convince Rob to let me do something fun with Lyla and Lauren's bedroom.  It took until June for me to finally get his approval and feel like I was ready to pull it off.  I was partially done with it when Emmy got here, but she told me that she loves to paint so I enlisted her help to paint the trim.  She saved me at least a day's worth of work!

 I wish that I had a before picture, but the room just had white walls.  Use your imagination.  

Here's what it looks like now!  I still need to get a headboard for Lyla's bed, and I will paint it yellow to match the walls!











1 comments:

Erin said...

I think you did such a cute job on their bedroom! Such fun colors!