CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving Trip to Utah - Day 1

Rob really wanted to go to Utah for Thanksgiving.  I didn't.  For months I tried to talk him out of it and even said that he could go and I'd stay home.  I had ZERO desire to be in Utah when its cold.  I missed our families, and most of them had never met Lyndsey so I let Rob win.  

We couldn't decide when exactly we were going to leave, so at the last minute (Friday night) that we would leave early the next morning (like 2am early).  Rob's alarm went off after 1am and he went out to get the car loaded and I finished up the last minute packing.  We didn't leave until 3am due to my cute husband not being able to get the luggage carrier attached to the top of the car.  Don't worry that I did it instead while he packed the girls into the car.  

Lyla was so excited to go that she didn't go back to sleep for a long time.  Lauren didn't either for that matter.  At least Lyndsey and Izabella slept.  Rob drove for 3 hours until we got to Kingman, AZ.  We stopped to get gas and I got out and got the most amazing gas station coffee I had ever had.  After a while I realized that it was so amazing because the machine pretty much just gave me straight syrup and no coffee.  I was sick from so much sugar.  We didn't stop again until St George where we stopped at McDonalds and got breakfast.  I got the kids all dressed and everyone situated and then we didn't stop again until Payson, UT where we stopped to visit my sister.  By then, I was so car sick.  I NEVER get car sick.  I think it was just the mix of the delicious coffee (NOT!) and being in the car with the kids all morning because once we got out at Liz's I was fine.  

My sister had a baby boy almost 3 months before I had Lyndsey and I was so excited to see the two babies together.  Don't worry that my chubby baby is heavier than her cousin, but he's a little taller.  I just have chubby girls.


Rowan (8 months) and Lyndsey (5 months) - November 17th, 2012
After spending an hour resting at Liz's, we drove up to Midway to Robs family cabin.  His sister Becky, was already at the cabin with her kids.  Her two little girls are the same age as Lyla and Lauren are.  She also has a boy around Izzy's age.  I think all the kids were excited to see each other.  I was excited to be out of the car.


1 comments:

The Wilson's said...

I love how the picture with Lyndsey looking at you, she is smiling...and the picture when Rowan is looking at me, he is smiling lol:)